Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Curious About Changes On The Island

When I left Isle Royale in August there were two wolves on the island.  One wolf was the father and the other wolf was the daughter. Two wolves coexisted with 1500 moose. Since then 6 to 8 more wolves have been released on Isle Royal. I wonder how that is going. Are the original two wolves still alive or were they killed by the new wolves? Maybe they don't even know the other wolves are even there.  This is a big island. But you would think wolves howling at night could be heard from a long distance.  How many moose have been taken down since August? How will this change to the predator/prey relationship change the island?  I am curious how things are gong over there on Isle Royale. The camping season is closed now so I guess I will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...