Friday, October 12, 2018

Deer and Gun Powder

As I left work today a coworker advised me to enjoy the fall colors on the way home. With the sun shining on the pretty leaves, I did enjoy the fall colors on the way home.  As I drove over the railroad tracks in Anoka I saw a herd of almost 30 deer browsing comfortably on the lawn between the little shacks of gunpowder on the property of Federal ammunition. How ironic, I thought, that the targets of many of the bullets manufactured on this site live their lives here completely free of being hunted. On the other side of the Federal property I saw a flock of Canadian geese and a turkey too!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...