Sunday, December 2, 2018

No Party For Me!

For weeks I have been looking forward to last night.  I was invited to a German themed holiday party and I was excited to go. I had a container of veggie sausage and home made sauerkraut in my back seat ready to share with my friends.  Unfortunately a storm brewed up. One minute there is no snow and the next minute it is snowing  and blowing wind. In the 3 block walk to my car from the birding day at the U of M, an inch of snow fell on my shoulders and head. Driving in the snow was like driving the USS Enterprise at warp speed with James T. Kirk at the helm. The roads were icy and slick. I thought the storm was stay to the south but it snowed like the dickens all the way to my house.  I decided not to go to the party but hibernate instead. The photo is from inside my car on my very own road. When I turn on the right blinker the camera on the mirror turns on. If there is a car where the red line is I know not to move over into the lane.  If there is a car where the first yellow line is, I can safely move over.  You might not be able to see the double yellow line above the singe yellow line.  If there is a car at the double yellow line it is very safe to move over. I often find that the view from the mirror camera is more beautiful that the view ahead of me.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...