Thursday, December 6, 2018

T Shirt Rug

I got the idea to make a t=shirt rug from a do-it-yourself article on the internet. Using a hula hoop as a loom you take one inch strips of tshirts and weave them together  I started with black and went to my three grey t-shirts. I had a couple bueoes and a tan one and finished it up with two orange t-shirts.  I don't like wearing words on my torso.  I don't liketo think people are reading my body. But I seem to collect t-shirts anyway so this would be a good way to get rid of them.  One of the gray t-shirts was from a Human Society Walk for the Animals in 1992. It had also served as a paint shirt and had quite a few color splotches of paint on it.  I was glad to see it go.

Here is the final product. Maybe it will flatten out with use but right now it appears to be a major tripping hazard. I don't think I will ever make another t-shirt rug on a hula hoop.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...