Monday, December 17, 2018

Strange Day

Today at work the doors were locked. All visitors to the building had to come in the front door and be let in my two police officers.  I wasn't sure what was going on but I saw people coming and going so I went for my normal walk around Laddie Lake with my walking partner.  A company of men were roofing a house. At another house a group of 8 children played outside in the yard. I suspect that family does day care. As we walked in the warm sunshine I could see a helicopter flying overhead for the entire time we walked. Later I learned than an intoxicated armed man was in the neighborhood.  Local schools plus the senior center were on lock down too. The police department recommended people stay inside their homes. By 1:30 in the afternoon the man had been taken into custody less than a mile from where I work. Isn't it odd how one person's crisis can create a crisis for so many other people?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...