Sunday, December 16, 2018

Winter Fun

At the fairgrounds in Anoka they have a Christmas village. Thousands of lights decorate the area creating a magical space for families to explore.  At the corner of the fairgrounds is figure eight space shaped with hay bales. In the center of the figure eight is an oval also made of hay bales.  Inside the hay bales are 6 or 8 tiny snowmobiles.  Each snowmobile has an orange flag on the back on a long pole.  Kids can ride around the figure eight on snow mobiles.  My father used to have one of those tiny snowmobiles.  He bought it for the kids.  The kids had a blast on that little machine in the winter.  I remember one winter at the farm.  I was in the bathroom downstairs.  Outside the window was a five foot tall bank of snow. I watched in amazement as a certain ginger haired nephew came roaring up on that tiny snowmobile.  He made no move to throttle down as he approached the snow bank. He hit that snowbank full tilt.  As I quickly zipped my jeans to go outside and assist I saw that the headlight on the snowmobile was pointed straight up at the night sky.  I went outside. He was fine.  He had no idea why I was concerned.  I saw the snowmobile parked upright against the snow bank, resting on the tail lights.  I think it was at a 90 degree angle but who knows for sure. I was full of adrenaline at the moment. Oh, gosh, that was a moment. Now I want to go snowmobiling again.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...