Sunday, April 3, 2022

A Carnival of Snackery

 I happened to find a book by David Sedaris that I had not yet read so I grabbed it. A Carnival of Snackery is his collection of diaries from 2003 to 2020, or from age 47 to 64. The book is arranged chronologically. Some entries are short and others go on for pages. The words "a carnival of snackery" were on a menu he read. The author travels frequently so there is much information of his observations from airports and cabs and hotels. He writes frequently about shopping and restaurants. Quite a few of his travels are for book signings and he writes about the people who want his signature. His humor is sometimes over the top and downright offensive. Sometimes he tries to be offensive. Sometimes I was offended. Sometimes I was charmed. David Sedaris looks at the world through eyes much different than my own. I like him for his raw honesty.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...