Wednesday, April 27, 2022

The Queen's Gambit

The Queen's Gambit by Walter Tevy was published 39 years ago. There is currently a Netflix series based on the book. I listened to a e-version of the book on my phone while also watching the series on Netflix. The book is about an orphaned girl named Beth who grows up to be a chess prodigy. Much of the book is about chess. I have played chess a dozen times but never got into it. I found it easier to absorb the chess moves visually on the Netflix series compared to the chess moves written out. Much of that is above my head. I enjoyed reading Beth's story and all the struggles she powered through during her life. I thought this was a wonderful story.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...