Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Where the Deer And The Antelope Play

 Nick Offerman wrote Where The Deer And The Antelope Play: The Pastoral Observations Of One Ignorant American Who Likes To Walk Outside. Nick Offerman is also an actor who played Ron Swanson in the TV series Parks and Rec. The first few chapters are about hiking at Glacier National Park with two buddies and a guide. I enjoyed that part because I have hiked there too. When he wrote about that one part near Logan Pass where there is a rope railing to hang onto as you walk on the side of a cliff I remembered walking there too. The second half of the book is about his travels in a RV with his wife, Megan Mullaney, during the Covid pandemic. Together they drove around the southwestern states stopping at RV parks and campgrounds. In between these travelogue adventures he goes off on random subjects. Even though I agree with most of his views, the frequency of rants coming out of no where got to be a bit too much for me. 


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...