Saturday, April 2, 2022

Unusual Uses For Olive Oil

 Unusual Uses For Olive Oil was written by Alexander McCall Smith. This author also wrote the series called The Number 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I haven't read any of the detective agency stories but I did watch a film version which I thought was very entertaining. This book is also entertaining to me but I don't think everyone would like it. I really struggled through the first two chapters until I got comfortable with the story. The main character is this novel is Professor Dr. Moritz-Maria von Igelfeld who lives and works in Regensburg in the Bavarian part of Germany. He wrote a book called Portuguese Irregular Verbs. This guy is one of the strangest dudes I have ever come across in a book. He is an academic, all of his friends are academics, and his humor is academic. This is the fourth book of a series about Professor Dr. Moritz-Maria von Igelfeld. I might go back and read the first three. If you enjoy quirky humor, this is the book for you.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...