Friday, April 22, 2022

Lucid Dreaming

Eight years ago I met Lee Adams. He worked on the Nimitz, the same ship my son worked on. In fact, I shared a room with his mother onboard. So when I found out he wrote a book, I wanted to read it. A Visionary Guide To Lucid Dreaming; Methods To Working With The Deep Dream State was published last year. Lucid dreaming is when you are in a dream and you know you are in a dream. That has happened to me a few times and it was interesting so I thought I would learn more about it. Besides thinking about wanting to have a lucid dream as you go to sleep, another thing to do is set your alarm for five hours of sleep, waking up, staying awake for 45 minutes and then going back to sleep. Yep, I am not doing that. My favorite thing about retirement is waking up naturally instead of waking up to an alarm. I enjoyed reading his book. The chapters were short and interesting. He ends it with a chapter about the supplements you can take to improve lucid dreaming.


 
 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...