Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Tears Were Shed

Today I drove a long way to attend a funeral of a person I did not know well. People I  love knew her well and that is why I went; to show support; to demonstrate caring; and to check in. The funeral was at a Catholic church and this was one I had never heard of and never been to before. The church was nice with 14 stained glass windows (stations of the cross) and comfortable pews. The baptismal font was unlike any I have seen before. The font was sunken into the floor. The metal gate around the font had a gate. Steps in the water descended from the gate and the water looked to be about 20 inches deep. I am curious about how baptisms work at this church. I enjoyed talking with family during the wake. The priest had an European accent and he did a nice job considering he did not know the deceased. The funeral procession was not a procession. I carpooled with a nephew and we followed the row of cars out of the church parking lot but there was no procession. We lost sight of the hearse immediately. We followed the car in front of us that came out of the church parking lot but evidently they weren't going to the cemetery. He looked for directions to a St. Mary's cemetery but that was in south Minneapolis. After ten minutes of driving we gave up and came back to the church for the luncheon. We got back right before the people who actually went to the cemetery got back. We had a delicious lunch and then headed on our separate ways home. This woman had a good send off. She was obviously well loved by her family and friends. Tears were shed for her loss. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...