Thursday, August 30, 2007

In Living Color


The Flintstones was the first television show I ever saw in color. I remember it vividly. My family went to visit a friend of my father. They had color television and we didn't. It was one of those families whose kids' names all started with the same letter. I suppose people are overwhelmed by all the name choices and decide to downsize the market by sticking with only one of the 26 letters. Anyway, the Flintstones came on. I have always loved the Flintstones. Don't you just love Wilma's hair? I love the orange swirl over her forehead and the matching swirls over each ear. I wonder how she does it. Plus her white pearl necklace with the off the shoulder scalloped white gown with fitted waist really shows off her little arms and legs. She looks so petite next to king-sized Fred. He looks very manly in his orange, um, dress? Ok, maybe his attire isn't so manly but that beard is manly. Wait, why doesn't he have sideburns? And what about the back of his head? Does he have a poor barber? Alopecia problems? Offspring #1's first word was Wilma. He had these cute-as-can-be footed pajamas with Wilma on the shoulder (hand-me-downs from older cousin). Before I put him to bed I would point to Wilma on his pj's and say, "Wilma!!!" just like Fred does at the end of the show when he gets locked out of the house by the cat. I think that is why his first word was Wilma. I wonder what Offspring #1 thought I meant when I said, "Wilma." Maybe he thought I was saying, "Go to bed you little man," or "I've had a day and I can't take anymore," or "I love you to the moon and back." I hope it was the last definition because it was the first thing he chose to say back to me.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...