Friday, August 24, 2007

Stop By My House For Desert


During this time of year I have deer stopping in my yard for desert. Last night there were 3 deer. One was so young I could see the spots in the fur that were fading and blurring into a tawny hide. The other two were older. One had golden fur. The other was more of a gray/gold mix. They were eating apples that had fallen. The dog and I came out on the deck to watch them eat. The older two deer moved on slowly but the youngest ate while we watched. As the young deer chewed, an apple fell off the tree and landed right next to him or her. She or he looked a little surprised but kept on chewing. I don't care if they eat the apples. I would rather they didn't eat the tomatoes or the pumpkins or the flowers though.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...