Sunday, August 12, 2007

Try Another Way


I read an article in the newspaper about hanging clothes on a clothesline about a year ago. The article listed the ways people hang their clothes. This article opened my eyes to another way to do a mundane weekend chore. I had always hung the clothes on the line according to destination. Pillowcases naturally are hung next to the sheets, kitchen towels separate from bathroom towels, etc. I checked with other clothesline users that I knew. One of my sisters has a line for each member of the family (5). Kid's clothes go on the outside lines and her clothes are on the inside - hidden from view. I asked around but I have yet to meet a "sort by color" clothes line artist. Today I tried another way. I started off with a teal shirt, followed by a teal sundress and then my green and blue robe. Next came a pink bathroom towel, a pink sleeveless top, a pink gown followed by another pink towel (gotta have balance). Here I faltered for a bit before choosing orange pants, brown pants followed by some blues (cutoffs, blue dress, blue shirt). An offspring needed a ride to work so we had to hurry. She helped me hang socks and kitchen towels and they aren't up right. Horrors! Socks in between kitchen towels and socks again - it's just not right but I don't care enough to go out and fix it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...