Saturday, August 18, 2007

Make Mountains Out Of Molehills




Today I was walking through the back yard and stomping down mole hills. I tried to follow the path the mole took. I tried to imagine why the mole turned left, right, or went straight. What motivates a mole to make corners or stay on a straight path? I've read the moths fly following scent trails through the air. Moles can't see, right? So what sense are they using when they dig? Their choices are touch, scent, taste, or hearing. Why is the mole digging by the pond? Why did it leave the garden and head west? Which way will it go next? Most days I would stomp the mole hills and walk on by. Today I stopped to wonder about moles and their lives. When I study nature I feel very relaxed and peaceful. Sometimes it is a good thing to make mountains out of mole hills.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...