Sunday, November 25, 2007

Bar Soaps











The other day I put out a bar of Irish Spring bar soap. Yeah, I don't like that soap. I only bought it for it's rabbit repelling properties which turned out to be not so great either. I sliced up slivers of Irish Spring around my garden. The rabbits walked right across it with their little soapy paws. I used to be a big fan of Dial soap in my 20's and 30's. I think I liked the deoderant properties of Dial. But that soap is too drying for my aging skin. Ivory soap is for babies. I think it's creepy the way it floats in the water. I don't feel clean using Ivory. When I was a teenager I had to use Brut soap on a rope. I think I was in the majority of teenage girls - we don't like to smell like Brut. And Safeguard soap - oh, that it the worst! The smell of Safeguard soap triggers a memory in me that puts me right back into Dr. Raykowski's "I don't believe in novacaine" dentist's chair. That guy had huge sausage like fingers that reeked of Safeguard soap. I hate that stuff. Bar soaps are becoming a thing of the past now. Liquid soaps are more popular.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...