Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I am Pumped!!!!!

I am pumped. I found out tonight that my trip to Africa is actually on. I was worried it would be cancelled because my last trip was cancelled. I originally planned to go in September. In the long run, it is good that the first one was cancelled because I was still under medical restrictions and should not have gone then anyway. But I'm leaving Jan. 6 - two months from tonight for beautiful downtown Nairobi. I'll be on a 10 day Kenyan safari adventure through Wilderness Inquiry - an outfit that caters to people with disabilities. Here is the link in case you are interested in learning more about my trip: http://www.wildernessinquiry.com/destinations/index.php?dest=kenyasafari



The purpose of this trip is to celebrate Offspring #2's graduation from high school. Oh, I can't wait.
I should learn some Swahili. I work with a very nice man who taught English in Africa. Maybe he'll teach me Swahili in Minnesota.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...