Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I am Pumped!!!!!

I am pumped. I found out tonight that my trip to Africa is actually on. I was worried it would be cancelled because my last trip was cancelled. I originally planned to go in September. In the long run, it is good that the first one was cancelled because I was still under medical restrictions and should not have gone then anyway. But I'm leaving Jan. 6 - two months from tonight for beautiful downtown Nairobi. I'll be on a 10 day Kenyan safari adventure through Wilderness Inquiry - an outfit that caters to people with disabilities. Here is the link in case you are interested in learning more about my trip: http://www.wildernessinquiry.com/destinations/index.php?dest=kenyasafari



The purpose of this trip is to celebrate Offspring #2's graduation from high school. Oh, I can't wait.
I should learn some Swahili. I work with a very nice man who taught English in Africa. Maybe he'll teach me Swahili in Minnesota.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...