Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Where Were You in 1977?


In 1977 I lived in St. Cloud, MN on Fifth Avenue, near campus. We were only two doors away from Coborns Grocery Store. I shared an apartment with two women who are still my friends. One of us was neat and the other two were messy. I was one of the messy ones. But we were good friends. Our one bedroom apartment had 3 beds in the bedroom (lower bunk for me), 3 towel racks in the bathroom,and 3 shelves in the refrigerator. I remember one date where we saw Saturday Night Fever at a movie theater on Division Street. I later heard that guy ended up in a California prison. For another date (a guy from Iowa) I bought a new outfit - high waisted bell bottom jeans, a yellow ribbed turtleneck and a blue and yellow plaid flannel shirt. I thought I looked so cool. I graduated from SCSU in 1977. by the end of the year I moved out of St. Cloud and back to St. Paul. Click on the link above to read a hilarious blog about the JC Penney catalog of 1977.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...