Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dwangela

I know it is silly but I am looking forward to my favorite sitcom tonight, The Office. I was drawn from the beginning by a fascinating character named Dwight. At first I was struck by his uncanny resemblance to a certain sibling's ex. It's Ok that I say that because I already told him that he reminded me of Dwight. Dwight is an amazing man. On the surface, if you didn't know him well, you would probably cross to stay on the other side of the street from him. He seems like a stalker. But he is an amazing salesperson, a most loyal friend, and a kind and considerate man. He is in love with Angela. His heart is broken lately because Angela broke it off with him after he put her poor sick cat in the freezer - a mercy killing in his eyes. But she saw the claw marks on her bags of french fries and so far she cannot forgive him. Angela comes off as cold and judgemental and extremely rigid. For instance, when asking a coworker about a relationship problem, she says, "Pam, I am having a relationship problem. And I thought that since you are always having relationship problems, you could help me out." I have an inkling there is hope for Dwight and his love yet. We will find out tonight.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...