Monday, November 5, 2007

Younger and Stronger


Tonight I went swimming at the Roosevelt Middle School for the second time since my surgery. Oh, man, it feels great. I feel so good when I am done. My back is more flexible and my muscles are stronger and I can breathe more deeply into my lungs. I am still old, arthritic, and decrepit but I am less old, less arthritic and less decrepit than before. I find this to be much cheaper than joining a health club. I pay $3 to use the pool for 50 minutes. In the water I can swim, run, jog, leap and skip with, well, I won't say no pain but with less pain. I feel great.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...