Friday, November 9, 2007

First Snowfall of the Season


Yeah! I didn't have to work today. Otherwise I would have missed my first snowfall of the season. My office at work is inside the building. I can go nearly the entire day without seeing outside. Sometimes I will leave work all bundled up and it's hot outside or leave without a coat and be surprised by how frigid it is. Today I saw little square ice balls falling on the deck. By the time I got my coat on and the dog on the leash, it was full out snowing when I walked to the mailbox to get the newspaper. The snow covered the driveway completely and accentuated the gopher holes in the yard. Such a lovely snow. I love the way everything gets very quiet outside when the snow falls.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...