Friday, May 23, 2008

The Eagle Has Landed



A friend sent me a link to a web cam aimed at an eagle's nest in British Columbia. When you click on the link you have a good view of the eagles. I've been watching off and on throughout the day. I can't tell if I'm viewing the male or the female (females are larger) taking care of the eaglets and tidying up the nest. Yesterday it looked so cold and windy up there. I could see the tree swaying and the feathers ruffling in the wind. The eaglets stayed under the body of the eagle most of the time. Today it looks a little less windy and a little warmer and the eaglets are out and about, gobbling up the strips of food the eagle delivers. Surprisingly there is no rest for the parent eagle. They are busy feeding and cleaning and guarding all the live long day. Check out this link to the eagle web cam: http://wavelit.com/media/702/Eagles_Nest_Live/

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...