Friday, May 9, 2008

Potato Bake


I was digging in the garden again today and found a nice surprise - 15 spring onions that I didn't know were there. I thought I got them all last fall. I pulled them up and put them in my dinner that is almost done baking now.
Potato Bake
Ingredients - 1 package "Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns", 1 package Morningstar Farms sausage patties,6 slices Morningstar Farms Bacon, 15 spring onions - chopped, one can button mushrooms, 2 cups shredded cheese, 4 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 medium tomato-chopped.
Heat oven to 250 degrees. Spray 9x11 cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cook sausage and bacon in the microwave and cut into small pieces. In cake pan, layer half the potatoes, half of the sausage, mushrooms, onions, and bacon and 3/4 cup of cheese. Repeat. Combine eggs and milk and beat well. Pour evenly over mixture. Press lightly. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Uncover. Add tomato and remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...