Thursday, May 22, 2008

Disappointment


I opened up my Tupperware at lunch today expecting my homemade chow mien with veggie chicken and mushrooms and bean sprouts and brown rice and what did I find? I found an ugly congealed mass of left over plain refried beans. Man, was I disappointed. I moaned out loud in my disappointment leading the people I was eating with to offer me parts of their lunch - granola, fruit, a granola bar. The people I work with are very generous. I had a Kashi pumpkin flax seed granola bar in my desk drawer thanks to a friend of mine so I had that along with my orange. I usually stick a single piece of Dove chocolate in my lunch bag and I forgot that too. I remember a couple years ago I opened a container expecting homemade wild rice soup and I found a quarter cup of butter - again, very disappointing. Some days I'd like to fire the person who packs my lunch.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...