Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stuffed to the Gills


Today was another productive day. I worked in the garden in the morning. A very pretty bluebird kept me company. I hope he wasn't alone. I heard many song birds perished with our harsh spring and lack of flying insects. After lunch it rained so I worked in the garage. I had 375 square feet of carpeting and 375 square feet of padding. I found a place that will recycle the carpeting for only $10. They'll take the padding for free. Trouble is I have to deliver it to them. The place is located by the Mermaid Supper Club in Moundsview. So I cut the carpet into pieces that could fit into the car. My hacksaw cut the carpeting very nicely but I'm not a good judge of what fits in the car. I filled the car as much as I could folding down the back seat. Then I had no choice but to finish filling it sideways. Even when measuring with a mop handle the width of carpet rolls they came out too long. So I'd wedge them in sideways. I have the front seats up as far as they can go. I worked and worked. Luckily the padding takes up a lot less room than carpeting and is easier to bend and stuff into tight corners. Well, I did it. I got 750 square feet of floor covering into the car. I can drop the carpeting and flooring off to be recycled on my lunch hour on Monday. Yeah for me!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...