Sunday, August 16, 2009

25 Blocks South


I work near this condom on a stick otherwise known as the Blaine water tower. On days I ride my motorcycle to work, I have many route choices. I don't feel comfortable on Highway 10 so I go east on either Bunker Lake Boulevard or Main Street. From there I travel 25 blocks south. My favorite choices for traveling south are Foley Boulevard or University Avenue. Foley Boulevard is my "Zen" choice because the speed limit is consistently 40 mph, the wide, smooth road curves and dips, and is banked on both sides with mature oaks, maples, and pine trees. Manicured lawns and well-kept houses live under the mature trees. University Avenue is my "Urban" choice. University has a few houses and mobile home parks but also has strip malls, chain stores, gas stations, florists, office buildings and churches. Trees are set back far from the road. The speed limit varies and the road has more traffic. University Avenue is straight as an arrow and as I travel south I get an excellent view of the downtown Minneapolis skyline. In the morning I decide, do I want my "Zen" road or my "Urban" road.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...