Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle


"The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" was written by David Wroblewski. This book was written for dog lovers like me. Edgar is a boy growing up in Wisconsin with his mother and father. He lives a happy and safe life. His family has their own business, a business started by his Grandfather, a business raising dogs. The dogs are bred to have the best qualities in health and temperment and are sold only after a year of intense training. This book taught me a lot about the daily grind of training dogs to listen and obey commands. Edgar is 17 years old and a normal adolescent in every way except he is mute. His paternal uncle comes into his life and everything and everybody changes for the worse. Edgar escapes into the Wisconsin wilderness. I was hooked on this story from the beginning. Edgar and all the other characters are totally believable. As much as I loved the book, I hated the ending. If it wasn't such a good book, the ending would not matter as much as it does.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...