Saturday, August 8, 2009

Weird Things Come in Two's



I saw a weird thing today. I met two people this morning who had similar tattoos on the tops of their feet. Both women had inky images of their children's baby foot prints permanently engraved on their skin. Feet on feet tattoos. One of the ladies just had her third child so I don't know what she's gonna do.
The other weird thing is that I witnessed the middle finger salute (the bird, the freeway salute, flipping the bird, digitus-infamous, flick off, showing the penguin, the Jersey wave, the Eminem salute, the one-fingered peace sign or the finger) three times in one week. That is unusual for me. I don't see that kind of gesture very often. Every time it was hysterically funny because the salute was unexpected and totally out of character because the giver of the finger was someone I associate with professional demeanor. The last time I saw it was the funniest. I was on the phone in my office and a supervisor came to my window and gave me the bird. What was she thinking? My eyes widened and my mouth opened in shock. She was thinking about an earlier incident and so was I while still trying to maintain my composure and interact with the elderly, straight laced woman on the phone with me.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...