Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Eggcitement


Today I went out to let the chickens roam and refresh their water when
I spied two bluish objects in the coop. We've got eggs! Two of them! I'm so excited. I thought the eggs would start sometime in August. When I let the chickens out of the coop today they were more affectionate than usual. They were jockeying for position so they could rub against my legs like cats. They argued with each other about who could rub against me first. I finally had to say, "Get off me you weirdo's!" I said that before I saw the eggs. After I saw the eggs I spoke very nicely to the chickens and thanked them for their contribution to the family budget. I wonder who laid the eggs? Was it Angela? She's the biggest so she might be an early layer. Meredith? Phyllis? Kelly? Or Pamela? We know it wasn't Dwight.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Are those blueish eggs edible? Too cool! Hope you find out which young lady did the deed! lol

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...