Thursday, April 8, 2010

More Glass Mosiacs











I've always been attracted to mosaics. I remember making them out of pieces of construction paper back in elementary school. Maybe my mosaic affiliation is from all the time I spent in church as a child looking up at the stained glass windows. I recently took another class in glass mosaic's - this time a glass hanging pendant lamp. The lamp shade is a bottle - typically vodka or whiskey bottles. The teacher said a Jack Daniel's square bottle is also nice. The bottom of the bottle is cut off. Pieces of glass are glued to the sides and that, by the way, is a very slow process; relaxing but slow. The bottle is grouted with black sanded grout. A 15 watt bulb hangs inside. I took two shots of each lamp - one with flash and one without. If you can't tell, one lamp is an owl; a square eyed owl. The other is a series of birds pumping their wings up and down in flight.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...