Thursday, April 15, 2010

Murder And Other Acts Of Literature


This book was selected by my book club. I voted against it. Murder is not a favorite topic of mine. I did read the entire book - a collection of short stories by many famous authors. The story by Rudyard Kipling was simply terrible. That man must not have liked women very much. The one by Isabel Allende, usually an author I like, was unbelievable. No one would carry out a grudge like that. The story by Virginia Wolf was great and I was surprised because the one novel of hers that I read was a very difficult and unsatisfying read. Some of the stories were good. The woman who selected the stories (Slung) was not choosing the best work of each author. She chose stories about murder that were unusual or twisted.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...