Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pet Peeve #41


My pet peeve is telephone voice recognition systems-the kind that make you say your answers aloud. If forced to deal with a machine instead of an actual person, I prefer to press buttons. I don't like talking outloud to a machine. I was recently at an extended dental appointment with Offspring #2. I had to verify insurance on the phone in the waiting room. It's one thing to say "yes" or "no" on the phone but this insurance company wanted my birthday. I had to tell everyone in the waiting room my birthdate. And what happens? The machine tells me all lines are busy and to call back in a few minutes. Great. If they didn't hear my age the first time, they will the second time.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...