Wednesday, January 5, 2011

End of Moratorium on Yarn Buying

Finally.  After two years, the sweater I have been working on is finished.  Does it look ok?  I think it's wearable at least.  It doesn't look like the directions.  On the directions the left front was the same length as the right front.  On the directions the top button came together at the neck instead of three inches lower.  On the directions the sleeves came to the wrist instead of past the fingers.  I have the sleeves rolled up for the photo. I wore it one day.  Many people said, "Nice sweater."  It really makes you wonder what people mean when they say "Nice sweater."  But it's done and I'm wearing it because it's very warm.  As a self-discipline method, I have not allowed myself to buy any yarn until this project was finished.  Now the moratorium on yarn buying is off.  (Rubs palms together)  What will be my next knitting project?  Definitely not a sweater!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

The sweater is *nice* but looks like it should fit a person twice your size. I think your poncho projects were a much better fit.....I love mine! :) Glad you can go on to other things now! Warm is good!

Sue said...

Thanks Dianne. Glad you are still enjoying your poncho.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...