Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions for 2011

For your viewing pleasure - a photo of some lilies Offspring #1 bought for me.  He knows orange is my favorite color.
Like most everybody, I've made New Year resolutions before.  In past years I have resolved to go deeper into debt, gain 10 pounds, and date fewer underwear models. This year my resolution is different.  And I am willing to make it public. This year I resolve to make a list of every bird I see.  So far this year I've seen nine.  If I keep up at this pace, I'll end up with over 700 birds by the end of the year.  No, I'm kidding.  I don't expect to see over 200 in Minnesota and maybe another fifty in the Galapagos Islands.  If I get to 250 by December, 2011, I will be very pleased.  I have a little notebook I am keeping with me to write down the birds I see.  And I am not going to include canary or chickens. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...