Friday, January 7, 2011

Sa-Nap!

My office is very cold at work and I have to wear a lap blanket to keep warm.  The lap blanket is probably why every time I left my office today I got a shock when I touched the door handle. You can actually hear the snap when I get the shock. If I remember, I shut the door by firmly grasping my papers and using them to touch the door.  Usually I don't remember.  If this day was six months prior or in the future, I wouldn't be riding to and from work with my headlights on. I wouldn't be getting shocked when I touch door handles.  I wouldn't be spending time putting on my winter overcoat, boots, gloves and scarf.  I might  spend time putting on my motorcycle jacket, boots, gloves and helmet.  I might be able to let the chickens roam around the yard when I got home.  I might be able to spend a few minutes after dinner pulling weeds in the garden or sitting on the swing and watching the birds fly by.  The harsh weather doesn't matter that much because in eleven days I'll be leaving for the southern hemisphere where I'll be snorkeling with sea lions and visiting the Charles Darwin center in the Galapagos Islands.  I was thinking about my vacation today and I felt like skipping instead of walking.  Arthritis kept me from skipping but I think I did strut just a little. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...