Friday, January 14, 2011

Hotel Sierre Madre

Here is a picture of the hotel we will stay for the first two nights in Quito.  The Hotel Sierre Madre.  It's going to be warm there and the air will smell alive.  Unlike here where the air freezes the hairs inside your nose. All week long I've put off shoveling the snow thinking I could just drive over it.  An inch here. An inch there.  Tonight all the inches added up and the driveway needed to be shoveled.  The Honda just wasn't going to be able to plow through it anymore.  95 minutes later I was done.  I tried to pretend the snow was sand and the air was warm but it didn't work. Who would shovel all that sand?  Most of my neighbors plow their driveways and push the snow across the road into the lawn of the person across the street.  for some odd reason, I decided I wanted to do this too.  I took my deluxe 21 inch snow pusher and pushed snow across the street three times.  That way I didn't have to lift it.  Plus once I got onto the street, it was real easy to push because the street was already plowed.  This winter has been a Winter; a back to the 60's winter; a winter to remember; and a winter to forget.  Can't wait to escape.  It will still be January when I return but there won't be much of it left.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...