Saturday, November 22, 2014

Noah

A family member gave me this book to read.  "Take it," he said, "It's not that good."  Confused and torn between taking and leaving the book, I took it.  I read Noah  by Mark Morris and I liked it.  This exploration of the biblical story of Noah and his wife and three sons was pretty good.  Noah likes animals.  He and his family are vegetarians.  The birds, animals and reptiles go into a hibernation state while they're on the ark.  Not all of the animals make the trip.  Some are killed when the ark rolls back and forth in the first waves of water.  Others are killed when the ark strikes a mountain top at the end of the voyage.  Noah is a difficult man to live with and he alienates all of his family.  This was a good book and it kept my interest.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...