Monday, November 24, 2014

Buck Norris

I finally caught the third (and I hope final) mouse.  His name, I think was Chuck; Chuck Norris the mouse.  Well, since I caught him, maybe he wasn't Chuck Norris but his close cousin Buck Norris.  This mouse was tricky.  I put peanut butter down in the center of a glue trap and when I look the next morning, I find the peanut butter gone.  How did it do that?  Did the mouse suspend himself from the top of the drawer and hang down to eat the peanut butter?  Because all the peanut butter was gone but no mouse was stuck in the glue.  I rigged up some wooden snap mouse traps with peanut butter. I know these mouse traps work because I accidentally snapped myself and I have a bruise on the knuckle of my right pointer finger.  Three mornings in a row I find the mouse trap unsnapped but free of peanut butter. What the heck?  Am I feeding the mice now?  Are they living large on extra portions of commercial peanut butter? So I bought newer snap mouse traps at the hardware store because I am sick and tired of feeding mice peanut butter and failing to catch them.  That and I am sick and tired of washing ALL my silverware over and over and over again.  I can't stand the thought of mouse turds in my silverware.  I must have the cleanest silverware in town.  I put a new glue trap loaded with peanut butter in the empty silverware drawer.  I add a new mouse snap trap loaded with Jiffy Extra Crunchy.  I sit down to watch television.  I hear a SNAP!  I hear some rustling in the silverware drawer.  Dreading a gory scene, I wince as I open the silver ware drawer.  What do I find?  I find a horrible scene.  Horrible!! Both the snap trap and the glue trap are clear of peanut butter but no mouse in the freaking drawer.  How does this happen?  Is this mouse a ninja?  Now I am really teed off.  I figure the mouse live downstairs and come up into the kitchen at night through the walls and into the cabinets under the kitchen sink, behind the dishwasher, and under the silverware drawer.  I buy 4 more mouse traps.  I load all four of them with more Jiffy Extra Chunky.  I set 3 of them on the washing machine downstairs and the last one in the silverware drawer with another glue trap, also loaded with peanut butter.  This morning I found the mouse stuck to the glue trap.  I'm sad that a creature had to die this horrible way but I'm glad to get this pest out of the house.  Now I can sanitize the silverware drawer again.  I'll shake out the turds, wash it with soap and water, let it dry, and spray it with Lysol.  I think I'll give it a few days before I put the silverware back in the drawer just to make sure.  I hope this war is over.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Your determination really paid off! I had a good time reading and laughing your blog though! Hahaha
My worse fear when we open our camper is to find evidence of unwanted intruders. I get so emotional over cleaning up the turds and don't really know what I would do if I fouind the whole mouse. Actually I did see a whole mouse in a trap under our bathroom sink. I felt sorry for it being so tiny. Don says they are voles and not a mouse. I guess am not a good person to describe that because I've not seen many mice in my lifetime. I just know I am very scared of them!!! My mom instilled that into me when I was very young. She would always say she could smell a mouse. I never understood that until I now can smell a mouse too!
So glad your winter can be spent without sharing your silverware drawer.
I miss you!!

Sue said...

I miss you too Dianne!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...