Tuesday, November 18, 2014

50 Year Grudge

I've been reading to a discussion on facebook about school lunches.  One person claims that school lunches today are all processed foods whereas years ago school lunches had homemade food.  Thinking back to my school lunches, I imagine we had home made (or school made) foods.  I think the foods we had were pretty good.  I wasn't a big fan of the beets we were served but otherwise it was good food with one exception.  I'm still upset about it too.  For dessert we were served, on a monthly basis, prune whip.  Prune Whip!  For dessert?  I am a dessert loving person.  I have dessert 7 nights a week.  And prune whip is not dessert.  Prune whip looked bad (like dirty whipped cream).  Prune whip tasted bad (like dirty whipped cream).  Prune whip sounded bad - prune (yuck) whip (ouch!).  How dare they claim prune whip was dessert?  False advertising!  I believe it is time for me to let this grudge go. I can forgive my school lunch lady for serving prune whip and calling it dessert.  Some of the kids (I can't remember a single one) might have liked the taste or medicinal properties of prune whip.  Whereas I liked the goulash and garlic bread, they may have liked the prune whip.  No one food can be eaten and enjoyed by every kid in a school.  There, I've given up on a 50 year old grudge.  I'm a bigger person now.  But, with God as my witness, I will never, ever allow a spoon full of prune whip to pass these lips.  No thank you.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...