Saturday, November 29, 2014

Who Will Win?

After listening to a naturalist talk about bird feeders that are pest resistant, I splurged and bought a counter balance bird feeder.  The bird has to sit on the perch before the door will open.  If too much weight is on the perch, the door stays shut.  Today my new bird feeder came in the mail so I took advantage of warmer temperatures and installed it on my bird feeder pole.  To fill this feeder, I have to stand on a chair or bench, hold the perch down with one hand, and fill the feeder by holding the container of bird seed above my head and pour it blindly into the feeder.  Wow, that may not always be so easy to do.

But if this feeder is really squirrel resistant, it maybe worth the effort.  Who will win?  Me or the squirrels?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...