Monday, June 1, 2015

Hard to Say Goodbye

I'm back at work now.  People ask me if it was hard to say goodbye to this little girl.  Here she is in her very first pair of blue jeans.  Honestly, I have to say yes, it was hard to say goodbye.  I thought I'd say goodbye the night before.  I knew I had to catch the 6 a.m. ferry to Seattle.

To my pleasant surprise she came with me on the ferry ride over so I had an extra hour to hold her on her very first boat ride.  We bonded even closer going across the Puget Sound.

The ferry takes only about an hour and soon Seattle was showing in the eerie morning light.  Then I really had to say goodbye.

I told her it would be easier for me if she would be hungry and cry for her mother.  She didn't listen.  She stared up at me contentedly with her big blue eyes and made cute faces at me.  The little stinker!  Being content and extra cute made it all the more difficult for me.  Now my arms are cold and empty without her.  I miss snuggling her and kissing her and singing her songs and taking her out on the deck in the evening to watch and count the crows flying home to their roost at night.  And I miss singing her "Once Upon A Dream."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...