Monday, June 29, 2015

Memories

At least once, and sometimes twice, a month someone at work will compliment me on my memory.  I smile and say thank you and then add that my memory may be good for some things but day to day important things pass me by.  And then I can't remember an example of my forgetfulness because I'm too forgetful.  Today I was told I had a good memory.  An hour later I can't remember the house where I pick up my CSA (consumer supported agriculture) allotment.  I've already been to the house once so I would think I could remember.  But I don't.  I know the street is the name of an old US President.  Is it Tyler?  Harrison?  Adams?  Van Buren?  Polk?  Maybe it's Polk.  Many streets in Anoka have the names of old Presidents so that is not a good way to remember the name.  If I drive by maybe I will recognize it. I remember it had an enclosed porch with a decoration above the door.  I drive down the presidential streets of Anoka and realize many of them have enclosed porches.  What block was it on?  I know it is north of 7th Avenue but was it on the 600 block or the 500 block?  What happened to the piece of paper with the address?  I have to pull over and search all the hiding places in my car.  I find stuff I never knew was there.  Where did this Chinese pink fabric doodad come from?  I swear I have never seen that before!  I find the address.  The house is on the 400 block of Van Buren.  I'm glad to find it too because I know I have to open the porch door without knocking and go in and take my food out of a box with my name on it.  I sure don't want to open the wrong porch door without knocking. I pick up my asparagus, strawberries, 3 kinds of peas, two kinds of lettuce, red potatoes, kale while wishing I had as good of a memory as some people think I have.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...