Saturday, June 13, 2015

I Said Bars

I offered to make bars for a certain young person's high school graduation party.  I was thinking rice krispie bars, lemon bars, and brownies.  Instead of bars I got Mars.  I got roped into making a photo booth about Mars. I guess my heart strings are easily tugged.  Using a black plastic table cloth for a background and a hand colored round earth plus stick on stars, I convinced some people to stand there while I took their picture. I offered props.  I think the props helped the photo shy people because they could be disguised.  I offered Martian sunglasses, Martian antennae, astronaut helmets (no, they weren't tv sets thankyouverymuch), a rocket ship, and word bubbles that said extremely clever things such as "Take Me To Your Leader,"  "I Am Going To Mars,"  "Congratulations Michelle," and "Keep On Swimming."  Keep on swimming has nothing to do with Mars since the water there is all frozen.  This three word affirmation has helped this graduate through tough times so I thought it would be appropriate.  Notice the expert drawing of Dory?  Yeah, I did that. Surprised, huh?  It looks that good. If you google "How To Draw Dory" you could do it too.  Bars would have been fun to bake but Mars was fun too.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...