Tuesday, June 9, 2015

King of Devil's Island

I am a fan of foreign films.  "King of Devil's Island" is a film based on a true story from Norway.  A prison for juvenile delinquents in 1915 was so bleak, so hopeless, so terrible that the boys turned on the staff.  The Norwegian military came out to Bastoy Island to make the situation right.  The movie was very entertaining. That island still contains a prison to this day but now it is known as the most lenient prison in the world.  Ironic turn of events.  The movie was sad.  I can't explain why but sometimes I enjoy a sad movie.  I don't like to feel sad but watching a sad movie isn't the same as feeling sad myself.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...