Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

This morning I opened my eyes and saw that the world was orange.  The sky was orange and the warm light streamed into my windows.  What a wonderful thing to see!  I jumped out of bed to capture the beauty with my camera.  The camera doesn't do it justice.  I talked to another person about the orange sky this morning.  She saw the orange sky and felt anxious. She didn't see the beauty.  She ran to the television to check the weather station thinking a tornado was surely barreling toward her.  Funny how we reacted so differently to the same stimulus.  It is true we got heavy rain. In the space of less than an hour I got 1.2 inches at my house.  There was so much rain the road held a puddle of water a foot deep in front of the building I work in.  I didn't care.  Never in my life did I see such an orange sky in the morning and it was beautiful.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I was doing the overnight shift at Graceland last night and woke to the sky being a very yellowish orange at about 5:30a when I heard loud thunder in the Ham Lake area. I've never seen the sky that color either. I too thought of a really bad storm approaching. We got strong wind and heavy rain. 2 of the guys got drenched going to the van! I waited out the heavy rain before leaving. I had my arms full with my blanket and pillow and a bag that has a few of my belongings plus a big purse to get to my van. I still got wet but not drenched. I was still in damp clothes when I got home and laid down to get a few more winks. Very glad we didn't get what Custer, SD got the other day with the amount of hail. I saw a photo on FB and couldn't believe how much was on the ground. We have camping friends leaving this week to go to Sturgis, SD for the annual motorcycle rally. They plan to be their a couple weeks. I know they were glad it wasn't during the time they will be there. What's saying another storm like that can't happen during their stay??

Sue said...

Crazy morning Dianne!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...