Monday, July 27, 2015

Ratatouille

Today was a beautiful summer day.  The pavement reflected the heat back at me from the road as I rode my motorcycle home.  Red lights were especially hot with my helmet, jacket, and leather gloves on. In my left saddle bag I had my lunch bag and my swim bag (including a wet bathing suit).  In my right saddle bag I had my CSA allotment (kale, onions. cucumber, summer squash, green and yellow zucchini, 4 ears of corn, green beans and wax beans).  As I took a right on Coon Rapids Boulevard from Hanson Boulevard my engine started acting funky.  I gave it gas and the engine acted like it really wasn't feeling it.  As I got onto Coon Rapids Boulevard the engine died.  I coasted past the acceleration lane onto the side of the road.  I reached down and turned the gas to the reserve tank wondering how many miles had passed since I filled the tank.  I would guess only about 100 miles were on this tank.  The reserve tank isn't actually a separate tank but only a lower intake from the sane tank.  After moving the gas to the reserve tank I let the engine rest a minute to get used to this change.  I started the engine up and it ran just fine.  I put two gallons of gas in the tank at the next gas station.  I was careful driving home.  With my heavy load and with all these vegetables stuffed in my saddle bags, any accident would make ratatouille out of me.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...