Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tell Me Everything

In this book, stories are told.  Another word for stories would be lies.  Lies are told and are so frequent and so convoluted that eventually I don't even care anymore what a story is and what the truth is.  There are some damaged characters in Tell Me Everything by Sarah Salway.  The main character is Molly and she doesn't tell the truth.  The stories Molly tells are what keeps this teenage girl off the streets.   She tells her stories to Mr. Roberts who lets her stay above his office supply shop and allows her to work in his store.  Molly finds a new life and makes friends with a hairdresser, a local librarian, and a mentally ill boy named Tim who thinks he is a spy.  In tantalizingly small amounts the author gives us clues to Molly's past and how she got to where she is today.  If it wasn't for my curiosity about Molly, I think I would have given up on this book before I finished it.. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...