Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Spinning Plates

Whew, what a week.  On Sunday I thought I would have a good week because a. only four work days, b. many people out of town for the holiday and c. only a few meetings.  I thought I would be able to catch up on old projects and paperwork.  You know what they say - expectation is premeditated resentment.  I wish I had never expected an easy week but an easy week is definitely not what I'm having.  I am so busy juggling six meeting changes at a time with an average of 6 people's scheduled per meeting. Sometimes getting 6 people to agree on a same day and time is near impossible. I feel like that act I used to see on the Ed Sullivan show where a man puts a plate on top of a yard long stick and sets it to a spinning balance and proceeds to set six more plates to spinning.  He runs back and forth spinning plates and keeping them all going at the same time.  That is what I am doing at work - running between plates and keeping them spinning round and round.  On top of that difficult people are coming out of the woodwork this week.  I can deal with difficult people.  I know who they are and what to expect.  The difficult people who use extra sweet voices as they spew venom are the most difficult for me to stomach but I can stomach them.  Maybe the full moon is bringing the difficult people into focus.  I'm not sure.  But the next time I think I'm going to have an easy week I should remember to immediately push that thought out of my mind because nothing good will come of setting the bar that high.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...