Saturday, September 12, 2015

Gift


I wanted to get something special for Offspring #2's birthday.  Something besides sturdy winter boots that keep toes warm down to -40 degrees.  I thought I would make something artistic; maybe a glass mosiac picture.  But a picture of what?  What does she like?  She likes her cat.  But her cat is subtlety colored and that would be hard to do in glass.  She likes ravens.  Ravens are all black and that would be boring in colored glass.  She also loves Minneapolis.
So this is Minneapolis.  I did the Foshay Tower and the IDS building in yellow.  It would be pretty sitting on a window sill with the sun streaming in.  The sky is green.  That is called artistic license.  It does not mean a tornado is on the way.  Or it could mean I ran out of blue glass.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...